So you’re switching to Acast Open. Smart choice! But how do you do it?
1. Import your RSS feed on Acast Open
- If you haven’t already done it, create an account with Acast Open and log in.
- Import your show. If your show is already on iTunes, just search for the name, and it will come up. If not, you can simply enter your existing podcast RSS feed URL, something like http://feeds.soundcloud.com/users/soundcloud:users:256518344/sounds.rss
- Once the import is complete, you'll be sent an email including your new Acast Open RSS feed URL. It will be something like https://feed.acast.com/public/shows/mypodcast
- This is your Acast Open feed URL. Copy it to your clipboard.
2. Redirect your feed in SoundCloud
- You’ll see a field for “Subscriber redirect.” Enter or paste your Acast Open feed URL here. Hit the Save Changes button.
Important Note: Even after you redirect your feed, we recommend that you keep your original service for 1 or 2 weeks longer just to be sure that all of your subscribers have migrated over.
3. How do I check the redirect is successful?
- Open your web browser (like Chrome or Safari) and enter the address of your old podcast RSS feed URL, and hit enter. If the redirect is working, you will be taken automatically to your new Acast Open podcast feed URL at feed.acast.com.
- If you are not taken to this new Acast Open feed URL, then wait ten minutes, clear your browser cache (or open in incognito/private mode) and try again. If the problem persists, please email us.