Acast Open makes it as easy as possible to move your episodes, show notes and subscribers with zero downtime.
1. Import your Podcast onto your Acast Open account (if you haven't yet)
- If you haven’t already done it, create an account with Acast Open and log in. Then choose to import an existing show.
- If your show is already on iTunes, just search for it by name. Really easy.
- If your show is not on iTunes, then simply enter your existing podcast RSS feed. This will be a web URL, something like http://my-podcast.podomatic.com/rss.xml
Once you’ve clicked Import Show, we will start to copy all your files over to Acast Open. This can take about ten minutes, so go make yourself a cup of coffee ️
We will email you when it's ready.
The email will contain your Acast Open RSS feed URL. It will look something like this:
This is your Acast Open feed URL. Copy it to your clipboard.
2. Redirect your feed in Libsyn
You will then be prompted with the next step: redirecting your podcast hosting from Libsyn to Acast. This step is essential to ensure that your listeners can continue to get all your episodes and that Acast can manage your hosting and analytics.
- Log in to your Libsyn account, and select your show.
- In the menu choose Settings (top right).
- Choose Redirects from the left hand menu.
- Paste your Acast feed URL where it says 'Feed Redirect'
- Hit the Save button, and click Yes at the prompt.
Remember: it’s important that you keep your Libsyn account for a month after switching to ensure that the redirect is successful.
How do I check if the redirect is successful?
- Open your web browser (like Chrome or Safari) and enter the address of your old Libsyn URL, and hit enter. If the redirect is working, you will be taken automatically to your new feed URL at feed.acast.io
- If you are not taken to this new Acast Open feed URL, then wait ten minutes, clear your browser cache (or open in incognito/private mode) and try again. If the problem persists, please email us