Once you have imported your show, you need to redirect your RSS feed from Libsyn to Acast Open.
- You need your new Acast Open RSS feed URL. It will be something like https://feed.acast.com/public/shows/mypodcast
- This is your Acast Open feed URL. Copy it to your clipboard.
Redirect your feed in Libsyn
- Log in to your Libsyn account.
- In the top menu choose Destinations >> Edit or View Existing
- Under ‘All Destinations’ you should see the name of your podcast. Click the Edit button.
- Scroll to the very bottom of the page and click Advanced Options.
- You’ll see a place to “Redirect Feed to this Web Address.” Enter or paste your Acast Open feed URL here. Hit the Save button.
Update your podcast feed in Apple Podcasts Connect
Log in into Apple Podcasts Connect and update your podcast with the new Acast Open feed URL as illustrated below:
Upon saving, Apple Podcasts Connect will update your RSS feed URL and display your podcast in the dashboard along with the Scheduled for Update status.
Allow up to 24 hours for the change to appear on the iTunes Store.
Remember: it’s important that you keep your Libsyn account for a month after switching to ensure that the redirect is successful.
How do I check if the redirect is successful?
- Open your web browser (like Chrome or Safari) and enter the address of your old Libsyn URL, and hit enter. If the redirect is working, you will be taken automatically to your new feed URL at feed.acast.io
- If you are not taken to this new Acast Open feed URL, then wait ten minutes, clear your browser cache (or open in incognito/private mode) and try again. If the problem persists, please email us