Once you have imported your show, you need to redirect your RSS feed from Castos/WordPress to Acast Open.
- You need your new Acast Open RSS feed URL. It will be something like https://feed.acast.com/public/shows/mypodcast
- This is your Acast Open feed URL. Copy it to your clipboard.
Redirect your feed
- Login to the Wordpress account you use for your podcast.
- The settings page can be found at Podcast > Settings in your WordPress admin menu
- Choose the Redirection tab.
4. Select the checkbox marked "Redirect your feed to a new URL"
5. Enter your Acast Open RSS feed URL in the new URL box.
6. Hit Save Settings
Update your podcast feed in Apple Podcasts Connect
Log in into Apple Podcasts Connect and update your podcast with the new Acast Open feed URL as illustrated below:
Upon saving, Apple Podcasts Connect will update your RSS feed URL and display your podcast in the dashboard along with the Scheduled for Update status.
Allow up to 24 hours for the change to appear on the iTunes Store.
Remember: it’s important that you keep your Castos account for two weeks after switching to ensure that the redirect is successful.
How do I check if the redirect is successful?
- Open your web browser (like Chrome or Safari) and enter the address of your old SquareSpace URL, and hit enter. If the redirect is working, you will be taken automatically to your new feed URL at feed.acast.com
- If you are not taken to this new Acast Open feed URL, then wait ten minutes, clear your browser cache (or open in incognito/private mode) and try again. If the problem persists, please email us.