So you’re switching to Acast Open. Smart choice! But how do you do it?
Acast Open makes it as easy as possible to move your episodes, show notes and subscribers with zero downtime.
1. Import your Podcast onto your Acast Open account (if you haven't yet)
- If you haven’t already done it, create an account with Acast Open and log in. Then choose to import an existing show.
- If your show is already on iTunes, just search for it by name. Really easy.
- If your show is not on iTunes, then enter your existing podcast RSS feed. This will be a web URL, something like http://my-podcast.podomatic.com/rss.xml
Once you’ve clicked Import Show, we will start to copy all your files over to Acast Open. This can take about ten minutes, so go make yourself a cup of coffee ️
We will email you when it's ready.
The email will contain your Acast Open RSS feed URL. It will look something like this:
This is your Acast Open feed URL. Copy it to your clipboard.
2. Redirect your feed in PodOmatic.
To redirect your feed, you need to tell PodOmatic your new Acast Open feed URL. If you are a PodOmatic Pro member, try contact them directly through the PodOmatic site. Otherwise, write an email to email@example.com and tell them to redirect your feed. Here's a sample email for you to customize.
I’d like to transfer my PodOmatic podcast to a new host. Please implement a 301 redirect from my podcast [
podcast name] at [
current PodOmatic RSS feed URL ] to my new RSS feed URL at [
Acast Feed URL].
3. How do I check the redirect is successful?
Open your web browser (like Chrome or Safari) and enter the address of your old
RSS feed URL, and hit enter. If the redirect is working, you will be taken automatically to your new feed URL at feed.acast.com.
If you are not taken to this new Acast Open feed URL, then wait ten minutes, clear your browser cache (or open in incognito/private mode) and try again. If the problem persists, please email us.