So you’re switching to Acast Open. Smart choice! But how do you do it?
1. Import your RSS feed on Acast Open
- If you haven’t already done it, create an account with Acast Open and log in. Then choose to create a show and enter your existing podcast RSS feed. This will be a web URL, something like http://www.spreaker.com/show/12345678/episodes/feed
- Once you’ve hit the import button, your new Acast Open RSS feed URL will appear. It will be something like https://feed.acast.com/public/shows/mypodcast
- This is your Acast Open feed URL. Copy it to your clipboard.
2. Redirect your feed in Spreaker
- Select RSS Customization
- Select Redirect Feed. Enter or paste your Acast Open RSS Feed URL in the New Feed URL box. Hit Save.
Important Note: Even after you redirect your feed, we recommend that you keep your original service for 2-3 weeks longer just to be sure that all of your subscribers have migrated over.
3. How do I check the redirect is successful?
- Open your web browser (like Chrome or Safari) and enter the address of your old RSS feed URL, and hit enter. If the redirect is working, you will be taken automatically to your new feed URL at feed.acast.com.
- If you are not taken to this new Acast Open feed URL, then wait ten minutes, clear your browser cache (or open in incognito/private mode) and try again. If the problem persists, please email us.