We've had several podcasters import their feeds into Acast Open only to find that some episodes are missing. Why? Here's what you need to know.
Acast Open imports ALL the episodes from your RSS feed, quickly, and without fail. However, sometimes your previous host limits the number of episodes in your feed. Kinda scary, kinda annoying, but Acast Open will help you get all your content and get back on track.
In this guide you'll find out how to solve this problem coming from Libsyn, Podbean, and SoundCloud.
Q: How do I know if my previous host is limiting my RSS feed?
A: Google the name of your podcast + itunes, and follow the link to the page on iTunes.
At the bottom it will tell you how many episodes you have in the feed. Some missing? Your previous host might be limiting your RSS feed—and thus limiting the episodes your listeners can access.
- Log in to your Libsyn account.
- In the top menu choose Destinations >> Edit or View Existing
- Choose your RSS feed, sometimes called "Libsyn Classic Feed" and click Edit.
- Scroll all the way to the bottom and choose Advanced Options.
- You'll see a setting for Episode/Post Limit. Change this to 0 to remove the limit.
- Click Save
Login to your Podbean account.
Go to Settings, then choose Feed/iTunes
Scroll down to Advanced Feed Settings.
Change the number of the episodes to display in your RSS feed.
SoundCloud does not automatically add your tracks to your RSS feed. So, you might see some episodes in your Tracks, but these may not be in your RSS feed—and thus they will not be available to any listeners on podcast apps.
You can episodes in your RSS feed using the batch editor on your Tracks page. Check all of the tracks you wish to edit, click edit tracks, then select Permissions.
Check the option to include in your RSS feed and the tracks will be added to your SoundCloud RSS feed.
Blubrry & PowerPress
1 . Sign into your WordPress account.
2. Click on the PowerPress plugin (menu bar on the left)
3. Make sure you are in Advanced Mode (not Simple Mode)
4. Click the Feeds tab
5. Scroll down to where it says Show the most recent X episodes, and enter
6. Hit Save