Migrating a show to Acast is a two-part process.
- The Acast Support team will copy over all the episodes and data from your existing feed for you, so you're ready to go on our Acast platform. You will receive an e-mail once this is have been successfully completed, and will be sent these instructions.
- You then need to redirect the traffic from your old Anchor feed to your new Acast feed. Only once you've done this is your show fully moved to Acast.
Important Note: Before you start the redirect process, log in to Acast and check your podcast to ensure all the episodes and settings are complete. If there are any issues, contact Acast Support before you proceed with the redirect.
Redirect your feed from Anchor to Acast
- Contact Anchor here.
- Ask them to redirect your show to Acast.
- Make sure to use the email address tied to your Anchor account
- Here is a little template you can use to email them if you're unsure of the process:
"Hi, I'd like you to redirect my feed to a new host. My show is "Your show name" and my Anchor RSS feed is "Your Anchor RSS feed", can you do a 301 redirect to my new host "Your Acast RSS feed"."
How to check if your redirect is complete
Anchor may send you a confirmation if the redirect has been done. However, you can check it's been completed yourself by inspecting your RSS feed.
Open a new browser tab and paste your old RSS URL. If the redirect has completed successfully, you should be taken automatically to your new Acast RSS feed. Note: Google Chrome in Incognito Mode is recommended for inspecting RSS feeds.
If you have any issues, feel free to contact Acast Support.