SoundCloud is a great destination for music, and you may want to share your podcast there too. Acast Open makes it easy to share your podcast episodes directly to your SoundCloud account.
Setting up your podcast on SoundCloud
Enable the SoundCloud switch there, and you'll be prompted to log into SoundCloud to give Acast Open permission to post to SoundCloud.
Then you can configure additional SoundCloud settings, like whether you want your episode on SoundCloud to be private, or embeddable.
Thereafter, new episodes will automatically be published to SoundCloud when you publish them on Acast Open!
How to publish older episodes to SoundCloud
- Enable SoundCloud in your account (as above)
- Choose the episode you want to share to SoundCloud
- In the Share panel on the left, you'll see a SoundCloud button. Click that to trigger the SoundCloud uploader.
How long does it take to publish to SoundCloud?
- It can take a little while for SoundCloud to process the episode, usually about fifteen minutes.
Can I publish older episodes to SoundCloud?
- Yes! See above.
Do I need a special kind of SoundCloud account plan or level to use this?
- Acast Open's uploader will work with any SoundCloud plan, including their free plan. However, the number of episodes you can have on SoundCloud is limited by the SoundCloud plan you are on.